If you are interested to learn more about the expense module please email email@example.com or reach out to your customer success manager.
- Category association is not a separate offering or module, but is part of the expense reimbursement offering.
- Org unit can be a legal entity / company or a sub org unit.
- You need to be a system admin to create category associations.
After custom categories have been created for the expense module, you have the option to associate the category with -
- GL Account only (for customers who have one to one association between the category and the GL account)
- GL Account and Org Unit (for customers who have one to many association between the category and GL accounts. Likely customers have segments in their GL accounts.)
Example: A customer has the following org unit structure and need to associate a category called 'Meals' to multiple GL accounts -
- Company Name (legal entity)
-- Human Resources (org unit)
-- Accounting (org unit)
-- Sales (org unit)
By activating the org unit criteria, the user will be able to associate a single category to multiple GL accounts.
- Category and GL association allows for the GL account to be auto selected when the expense report flows from the expense module into the invoice module. This means that neither your employee nor a member of the finance team will have to manually select the GL account.
- Activating the org unit criteria allows for deeper association between the categories and GL accounts. It allows you to scope which categories are available for a given org unit when capturing receipt data.
HOW IT WORKS
STEP 1: Select the legal entity / company and add the org unit dimension.
Please note, when you add the Org Unit Dimension any default category and GL account association will remain as is. If you did not have any default category and GL association you will have to create them.
Once you click on the 'Add org unit dimension', the system will prompt for a confirmation.
DEACTIVATE A CATEGORY FOR AN ORG UNIT
You have the option to disable a category for a particular org unit. When you disable a category for an org unit, the association between the category and the GL account gets removed. If you re enable the category, you will have to re-associate the GL account to that category.
REMOVE ORG UNIT DIMENSION
You have the option to remove the org unit dimension.
Once you click on the 'Remove org unit dimension', the system will prompt for a confirmation. Please note if you remove the org unit dimension, it can not be undone.