Pre-requisite: Purchase order is created and received against in Sage 300. The purchase order and receiving data is imported into SageAPA from Sage 300 via the sync tool.
- You can either use the purchase order approval or non-approval workflow in SageAPA. Non-approval workflow is the default workflow.
- For purchase order approval workflow, the purchase orders are brought into SageAPA as approval pending in 'pending approval' status (PA). The purchase order approval channels are set up as part of the implementation process. (NOTE: The Purchase order status is exported from Sage APA into Sage 300, if you have optional fields enabled in Sage 300. To learn more, read here.)
- For non-approval purchase order workflow, the purchase orders are brought into SageAPA as committed purchase orders in the 'purchase order' (PO) status. No approval channel needed. This is the default workflow.
- If the purchase order is updated in Sage 300, after it has been approved in SageAPA, then the purchase order is not reset to the pending approval status in SageAPA.
- Only 'Active' purchase orders are imported into SageAPA from Sage 300.
- The receiving data can be viewed in SageAPA from within the purchase order and invoice module.
- There is no approval workflow for receiving data in SageAPA.
HOW IT WORKS:
To adopt receiving data on invoice line items, follow the steps below -
1. Select the purchase order number on the invoice header.
Note: Currently, an invoice can only be matched to one purchase order.
2.a. To select the receiving data for adoption on the invoice line item, click the 'View Receivings' button.
Note: Currently, invoice line items can be adopted to one or multiple receiving line items from a single receiving.
2.b. On the 'View Receivings' modal window, the details of all the receivings / receipts matched to the selected purchase order are displayed.
2.c. Some receiving lines may not be available for adoption. The reason for this is below -
- Receiving line is already adopted on another invoice and has been marked as fully invoiced in Sage APA.
- Receiving line has been marked as fully invoiced in Sage 300.
2.d. You can select some or all the receiving line item from a given receipt to adopt to the invoice lines.
2.e. Once the receipt line items have been selected, adopt them on the invoice.
2.f. The selected receiving line items gets adopted on the invoice.
Note: For Sage 300, invoice line items can only be adopted from the receiving line items. You can not manually add additional line items to the invoice nor can you use the 'Adopt to PO Coding' feature in Sage APA.
3. Mark the invoice line item as fully invoiced or not. This is mandatory, because based on the selection of yes/ no, when the invoice is exported from SageAPA to Sage 300, the receiving line item is marked as completed or not in Sage 300.
If yes is selected, then line is not available to be adopted on other invoices in Sage APA and the receiving line item is marked as completed in Sage 300, when the invoice is exported from Sage APA into Sage 300.
If no is selected, then line is available to be adopted on other invoices in Sage APA and the receiving line item is not marked as completed in Sage 300, when the invoice is exported from Sage APA into Sage 300.
4. In most cases you are invoiced for what you receive, however for some edge cases when you are invoiced for more than what you receive, Sage APA allows you to set tolerance level on variance for quantity, unit cost and invoice total. You can create separate approval channels for invoices that have variance associated with it.
- Since, the 'quantity invoiced' is updated only after the invoice data is exported from Sage APA into sage 300, we recommend that you sync the invoice data from Sage APA into Sage 300 frequently.
- If you have multiple invoices against the same receiving and mark any of the lines as fully invoiced, then we recommend exporting the first invoice into Sage 300 before you export the second invoice, to avoid sync errors. Also, avoid batch exporting invoices in this scenario.
NOTE: If you have any questions or would like to enable the workflow for your company, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.