Note: NetSuite configuration change will take a few minutes to take effect - so if you've changed a setting, you may need to wait patiently!
Finding the Account ID and Version
- Login to NetSuite.
- Find the AccountID needed for NetSuite Integration - go to SetUp → Company → Company Information and the AccountID in on the right side.
- Login to Beanworks.
- Go to ERP Management under Settings - General.
- Copy AccountID from Netsuite and paste into Account field in the correct Legal Entity in Beanworks.
- Copy Version in the footer of Netsuite and paste into Version field in Beanworks (ex. 2019.1).
Configuring the Netsuite User
- Visit the integrations page or global search for page:integrations, then choose Manage Integrations.
- Create a integration record if none exists. The Name can be "Beanworks". State must be Enabled. Ensure that both "User Credentials" and "Token-Based Authentication" are checked under Authentication. Hit Save. DO NOT EXIT PAGE YET.
- Copy the resulting Consumer Key and Consumer Secret into their respective fields in ERP Management in Beanworks. Keep a copy of both on a Notepad until the integration is completed just in case, because this information will disappear when you exit this page.
- Go to Setup → Company → Setup Tasks → Enable Features → SuiteCloud → Manage Authentication and make sure Token-Based Authentication is checked. Make sure to Save.
- Global search for page:role, then choose Manage Roles, and go to "New Role”.
- Name can be "Beanworks". Subsidiary Restrictions - Accessible Subsidiaries should be "All". Under Permissions - Setup, add User Access Tokens, Access Token Management, and Web Services, and make sure all 3 levels are set to "Full".
- Global search for page:employees, and edit your employee record.
- Navigate to Access → Roles, and add the role that you just created in step 6.
- Global search for page: tokens, then choose New Access Token.
- Select the application and role we created earlier. The user is yourself. Press save.
- Copy the resulting Token ID and Token Secret into their respective fields in ERP Management in Beanworks. Keep a copy of both on a Notepad until the integration is completed just in case, because this information will disappear when you exit this page.
- Click Save on ERP Management in Beanworks.
- Global search for page:role, then choose Manage Roles.
- Edit the Beanworks role that was previously created
- Navigate to the bottom, and enter these values in the different tabs of Permissions:
You are now ready to Sync on Beanworks in ERP Management!
Optional: Please make sure the Beanworks Integration Role's preferred form is the standard invoice form (First Line Extreme Right)
How to Find your NetSuite credentials if you need to reset them (assuming you've already done all of the integration step-by-step guide)
Other than Account ID, all other credentials are only displayed once in the NetSuite UI for security purposes. Luckily, it is easy to get new credentials if you accidentally lose them and need to re-authenticate in Beanworks.
Login to NetSuite and perform the following:
Step 1: Find Account
1. Navigation bar, go to: Setup -> Company -> Company Information
2. Located in the right hand column under “ACCOUNT ID” (Ctrl + F to find if needed)
Step 2: Generate New Consumer Key & Consumer Secret
*NOTE: These values are only displayed once for security reasons. You will need to reset credentials if lost. To prevent this from happening in the future, retain the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret somewhere safe.
- Do a global search using the search bar for page: integrations
- Choose the result that comes up (“Page: Manage Integrations”)
- Click on the integration we created for them for Beanworks purposes
- Click the “Edit” button
- Click “Reset Credentials”
- Take note of both Consumer Key and Consumer Secret (copy and paste before leaving screen as they will not be visible in the future)
Step 3: Generate New Token ID and Token Secret
*NOTE: These values are only displayed once for security reasons. You will need to reset credentials if lost. To prevent this from happening in the future, retain the Token ID and Token Secret somewhere safe.
1. Do a global search using the search bar for page: tokens
2. Choose the result that comes up (“Page: Access Tokens”)
3. Click “Edit” for the token that we created for Beanworks purposes
4. Click the “Revoke” button and revoke the old token
5. You should be returned to the main Access Tokens page
6. Create a new Token by clicking “New Access Token”
7. For Application Name, User, and Role, choose the values that we already created for them for Beanworks purposes. Token Name can be any value
8. Click “Save” and take note of both Token ID and Token Secret (copy and paste before leaving screen as they will not be visible in the future)
- All Accounts have to be able to access all subsidiaries, because there is no validation in Beanworks (difficult to implement)
- Beanworks does not validate between vendor and subsidiary
- Beanworks does not vaidate between department and subsidiary
- Beanworks does not validate between account and subsidiary
- If you need to redo a full sync of you data please contact your CSM
Other Integration Notes
- BW invoice can be imported into NetSuite as either pending approval status or approved status, here is how to change this configuration on the NetSuite side: Setup--> Accounting --> Accounting Preferences and set Default vendor Bill Status = Approved/ PendingApproval (Refer here)
- Follow these steps to turn on ALLOW TRANSACTION DATE OUTSIDE OF POSTING PERIOD