Please ensure you've completed the Quickbooks Desktop - Pre-installation Connection Checklist before continuing any further with this guide.
SyncTool Installation Procedure
The Beanworks System administrator will need to go to the URL for Beanworks and log in with their email address and password. If it is your first time logging in, press “forgot your password” to get a password reset email so you can set your password and get logged in.
Once you are logged in, click on the cog on the upper right corner and then select “Settings” from the drop down menu.
Once the Settings page opens, you will be on the “General” Settings by default. Click on ERP Management from the menu on the left side. You will see your companies displayed and a green “GET SYNCTOOL” button - click on that button. It doesn't matter which company you've selected.
You may receive a pop up from Chrome asking if you want to allow the downloading of multiple files, press “Allow”.
The download will start in a separate tab and two files will be downloaded. One is called “BeanworksSyncTool.msi” which is the actual application and the other is “Settings.xml” which is the auto updater, which will automatically update the SyncTool whenever a new version is released.
Open/run the file named “BeanworksSyncTool.msi” by clicking on the downloaded file to begin the Installation of the SyncTool. You do not need to do anything with the auto-updater file called “Settings.xml” provided you have downloaded the files to the computer you will be accessing the SyncTool from.
You may receive a pop up requesting authorization, and potentially your computer may require you to authorize this application to be installed.
The SyncTool may take some time to finish downloading onto your computer (up to 5 minutes) depending on how fast your connection is to our server. The process of downloading the tool is happening behind the scenes and there is not a progress bar.
Note: if the files do not download ensure you are logged into a browser that supports multiple file downloads at once (Chrome or Firefox).
When the SyncTool has installed, you will find it in either your start menu (recently added programs) or by searching your programs to find the SyncTool.
Once you have found the Beanworks SyncTool on your computer, click to run/open the SyncTool.
Steps to connect each QuickBooks Desktop Database with Beanworks:
Once you have the SyncTool installed on your computer, you’ll need to connect the SyncTool to your QuickBooks Desktop company/companies.
1. Each of your QuickBooks companies will be saved separately in the SyncTool. Enter the name of the profile you would like to create first in the indicated area. The name should be the same as the name of the company in QuickBooks.
2. Next, from the drop-down menu under integration, select QuickBooks Desktop and then select the year of your QuickBooks.
3. With your QuickBooks closed, press the browse button on the Company row of the SyncTool to find the .qbw file associated with the company you have named in the previous step and select it.
4. Log into the QuickBooks company you are connecting, choose Sales Tax and then Sales Tax Code List. You are looking for the Code that is for Zero Rated. In the below screenshots, it is “Z”.
Type this value into the Zero-rated Tax Code Box of the SyncTool.
If you do not have a sales tax menu in your QuickBooks (e.g US clients), in the zero-rated tax code area type NONE.
5. Next enter your FirstName_BW in the Application Name section of the SyncTool. This is the name that will appear in QuickBooks under Integrated Applications and is simply a way to differentiate multiple installations of the QuickBooks SyncTool inside of QuickBooks.
6. The last synced date should be left empty
7. Now that you have finished the QuickBooks settings, press the SFTP tab on the SyncTool to complete the setup. Host, Port and SSH Key will be pre-populated and do not need to be adjusted.
You simply need to enter in the SFTP Username and Password for the company you are connection that will have been provided by your Implementation Consultant or the Beanworks Support Team.
8. Press the “Save” button at the top of the SyncTool to save your new profile.
9. Log in to Quickbooks as the ADMIN user and in Single User Mode. This is only for the initial sync, but is required to make the initial connection with QuickBooks. Also, ensure all additional QuickBooks pop up windows are closed.
10. Press the “Sync” Button on the SyncTool. With QuickBooks open, you should see the QuickBooks Application Certificate pop up. Select “Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running” and press “Yes” on the second pop up that appears to verify you want to give access.
If the certificate doesn't appear and you receive the Quickbooks Error: "QuickBooks Already Has A Company File Open." please check out the above article on how to resolve that before moving forward.
11. Select log in as "Admin" and press “Continue” on the QuickBooks Application Certificate.
12. On the Access Confirmation pop up that appears, choose “Done”
13. The SyncTool logs tab should display all of the lists exporting successfully in green now that you have connected the tool.
14. If you have additional QuickBooks Data files to setup, then click on the Profile dropdown and select “Create New Profile” and repeat steps 1 - 12.