If you are looking for installation or connection help for Sage 300 SmartSync, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you've completed the Sage 300 - Pre-installation & Connection Checklist Guide before continuing any further with this guide.
SyncTool Installation Procedure
The system administrator will need to login to SageAPA.com. Once logged in go to Settings on the top right corner of your Sage APA, then under general settings, select ERP Management. Finally, select “GET SYNCTOOL”.
The download will start in a separate tab and two files will be downloaded. One is the Sage APASyncTool.msi which is the actual application and the other is the auto updater, which will automatically update the SyncTool whenever a new version is released.
Open the file named “SageAPASyncTool.msi” or "SageSyncTool.msi" to begin the Installation of the SyncTool. You do not need to do anything with the auto-updater file called “Settings.xml” or "Settings.json".
Note: if the files do not download ensure you are logged into a browser that supports multiple file downloads at once (recommendation Google Chrome or Firefox).
Run the .msi file and the installation of the tool will begin. The SyncTool may take some time to finish installing (up to 5 minutes) depending on how fast your connection is to our server.
There are two possible locations where you can find the Sage APA SyncTool. It will be either located on your desktop or in your recently added programs. You can also always search your programs to find the SyncTool.
Once you have the SyncTool installed on your computer, you’ll need to connect the SyncTool to your Sage 300 database. Open the start menu on the bottom right corner of your screen and search for the Sage AP automation SyncTool, then click on the icon to open it.
1. To add a new company please select “create new profile” from the drop-down.
2. Each of your Sage companies will be saved separately in the SyncTool. Enter the name of the profile you would like to create first in the indicated area. The name should be the same as the name of the company in Sage.
3. Next, from the drop-down menu under integration, select Sage 300.
4. Select the version of your Sage 300.
5. For the next step, you will be selecting your Company from a drop-down menu based on the information in your Version of Sage 300.
6. You need to enter in a Sage 300 username and password that the SyncTool will use to log into Sage 300 to transfer information. Ideally the user with full access we advised you to create specifically for the tool.
Note: Password must be entered into this filed in UPPERCASE.
7. The last synced section should be left blank for the first sync.
8. Next, you need to select the SFTP tab on the SyncTool. The username and password you need to enter will be provided by the Sage APA implementation team. Each Sage 300 company will have a unique username and password. If you’ve been sent multiple usernames and passwords, it is important that you use the correct username and password for the company you set up on the integration tab in the previous steps.
Please note: this username and password is not what you would use to log into Sage 300 or Sage AP Automation.
9. Click Save to complete the configuration of the SyncTool.
10. Saving your profile successfully will result in the creation of a log tab, next to the schedule tab, and the sync button will turn grey allowing you to click on it.
11. As the final step, please click on the “sync” button and sync your Sage 300 profile with Sage APA.
Connecting to Multiple Sage 300 Database(s)/Companies
When connecting multiple companies/databases to Sage APA, a new profile for each Sage 300 database must be created and you will need to follow steps 1 to 11 listed above for each company.
Every database will have their own SFTP username and password provided by our Sage APA implementation team.
Finally please review the Sage 300 - Successful Sync's & Scheduler Guide for more information on how manage syncing Beanworks / Sage APA with Sage 300.