Please ensure you've completed the Sage 100 - Pre-installation & Connection Checklist before continuing any further with this guide.
SyncTool Installation Procedure
The system administrator will need to login to SageAPA.com. Once logged in go to Settings (Cog Icon) in the top right corner, then under General settings, select ERP Management. Finally, select “GET SYNCTOOL”.
The download will start in a separate tab and two files will be downloaded. One is the Sage APASyncTool.msi which is the actual application and the other is the auto updater, which will automatically update the SyncTool whenever a new version is released.
Open the file named “Sage SyncTool.msi” or "Sage APA SyncTool.msi" to begin the Installation of the sync tool. You do not need to do anything with the auto-updater file called “Settings.xml” or "Settings.json".
The SyncTool may take some time to finish downloading (up to 5 minutes) depending on how fast your connection is to our server.
Note: if the files do not download ensure you are logged into a browser that supports multiple file downloads at once (recommendation Google Chrome or Firefox).
There are two possible locations where you can find the Sage APA sync tool. It will be either located on your desktop or in your recently added programs. You can also always search your programs to find the sync tool.
Once you have the sync tool installed on your computer, you’ll need to connect the sync tool to your Sage 100 database. Open the start menu on the bottom right corner of your screen and search for the Sage AP automation SyncTool, then click on the icon to open it.
Steps to connect each Sage 100 database with SageAP Automation:
- To add a new company select “Create New Profile” from the drop-down.
2. Each of your Sage databases will be saved and configured separately in the sync tool. Enter the name of the profile you would like to create first in the indicated area.
3. Select Sage 100 from the drop down menu.
4. For the next step, you will be choosing the file path that points to your company’s Sage 100 database file. Make sure you are searching for Sage 100 databases as indicated and also that you are connecting the correct Sage 100 database to the profile you are creating.
5. Next, you will need to enter in the Sage 100 Username and Password which the sync tool will use to connect to Sage 100. This is where you would enter the details for the User we advised for you to create specifically for the tool.
6. Enter the 3 letter company code of the company you're connecting to into the "Company" field.
7. The last synced section can be left blank.
8. Leave the Inventory Support checkbox unticked unless you plan to import PO and Receiving data into SageAPA. Using this feature would need to be discussed with your Implementation Consultant before the feature can implemented.
9. Next, you need to select the SFTP tab on the sync tool. The username and password you need to enter will be provided by the Sage APA implementation team.
Each Sage 100 company will have a unique username and password. If you’ve been sent multiple usernames and passwords, it is important that you use the correct username and password for the company you set up on the integration tab in the previous steps. Also, please note, this username and password is not what you would use to log into Sage 100 or SageAPA.
10. Click save to complete the configuration of the sync tool on the top right corner of the sync tool.
11. Saving your profile successfully will result in the creation of a log tab, next to the schedule tab, and the sync button will turn grey allowing you to click on it.
12. As the final step please click on the “sync” button and sync your Sage 100 profile with Sage APA.
Once you sync, you should see a log similar to the following where your Accounts, vendor, etc data is syncing into SageAPA.
Connecting to Multiple Sage 100 Database(s)/Companies
When connecting multiple companies/databases to Sage APA, a new profile for each Sage 100 database must be created and you will need to follow steps 1 to 14 listed above for each company.
Every database will have their own SFTP username and password provided by our Sage APA implementation team.
Finally please review the Sage 100 - Successful Sync's and Scheduler Guide.