Please ensure that you've completed the Sage 50 Canada - Pre-installation Connection Checklist before continuing any further with this guide.
SyncTool Installation Steps
The Beanworks System administrator will need to go to the URL for Sage APA.com and log in with their email address and password. If it is your first time logging in, click on “forgot your password” to get a password reset email so you can set your password and get logged in.
Once you are logged in, click on the cog on the upper right corner and then select “Settings” from the drop down menu.
Once the Settings Page opens, you will be on the “General” Settings by default. Click on ERP Management from the menu on the left side. If you are a multi-entity customer (with multiple Sage 50 databases) your next step will be to select which Company you are connecting.
If single entity, or once you have an entity selected, press the green “GET SYNCTOOL” button
You may receive a pop up from Chrome asking if you want to allow the downloading of multiple files, press “Allow”.
The download will start in a separate tab and two files will be downloaded. One is called “Sage APASyncTool.msi” which is the actual application and the other is “Settings.xml” which is the auto updater, which will automatically update the SyncTool whenever a new version is released.
Open/run the file named “Sage APASyncTool.msi” by clicking on the downloaded file to begin the Installation of the SyncTool. You do not need to do anything with the auto-updater file called “Settings.xml” provided you have downloaded the files to the computer you will be accessing the SyncTool from.
You may receive a pop up asking for authorization confirmation, and your computer may require you to authorize this application to be installed
The SyncTool may take some time to finish downloading onto your computer (up to 5 minutes) depending on how fast your connection is to our server.
Note: if the files do not download, ensure you are logged into a browser that supports multiple file downloads at once (Chrome or Firefox).
When the SyncTool has installed, you will find it in either your start menu (recently added programs) or by searching your programs to find the SyncTool.
Once you have found the Sage AP Automation SyncTool on your computer, click to open the SyncTool.
Steps to connect each Sage 50 database with SageAP Automation:
Once you have the SyncTool installed on your computer, you’ll need to connect the SyncTool to your Sage 50 company/companies.
Each of your Sage companies will be saved separately in the SyncTool. Enter the name of the profile you would like to create first in the indicated area. The name should be the same as the name of the company in Sage.
2. Next, from the drop-down menu under integration, select Sage 50 Canada from the drop down
3. Select the version of your Sage 50 Canada from the drop down
4. For the next step, you will be choosing the file path that points to your company’s Sage 50 database file. Press Browse (next to the Database section) and search to find and then select the Sage 50 database file for the company you are intending to set up.
5. Next, enter in a Sage 50 username and password that you created specially for the tool in Sage 50. This will allow the SyncTool to connect to the Sage 50 database.
6. Ensure you are logged out of Sage with the user we are connecting to the SyncTool. Next, click "Choose" next to the Zero Tax Code field. If you get a popup that says "incorrect username and password", please double check the user credentials were entered properly in the previous step.
7. Once successfully logged in, you will see a drop-down menu for the zero tax code. Select “No Tax” from the drop-down list and press “choose” to confirm. Do not choose any other option than "No Tax".
8. The last synced section should be be left blank.
9. Next, you need to select the SFTP tab on the SyncTool. The SFTP username and password you need to enter will be provided by the Implementation team. Each Sage 50 Canada company will have a unique username and password. If you’ve been sent multiple usernames and passwords, it is important that you use the correct username and password for the company you set up on the integration tab in the previous steps.
Please note: this username and password is not what you would use to log into Sage 50 Canada or Sage AP Automation, this username and password is only for the SFTP tab of the SyncTool.
The Host, Port and SSH Key will be pre-populated. Do not change these settings.
10. Click the save button to complete the configuration of the SyncTool.
11. Saving your profile successfully will result in the creation of a log tab, next to the schedule tab, and the sync button will turn grey allowing you to click on it.
12. As the final step, click on the Log tab and then click the “sync” button to sync your Sage 50 profile with Sage APA. You should see the Log tab populate with green confirmations that everything is syncing. If you get a red error, then something is wrong, and you will need to work with your Sage APA Implementation Consultant to troubleshoot the error.
Connecting to Multiple Sage 50 Canada Database(s)/Companies
When connecting multiple companies/databases to Beanworks/Sage APA, a new profile for each Sage 50 database must be created and you will need to follow Connection Steps 1 to 12 listed above for each company.
For Sage database we're connecting to you'll have it's own unique SFTP username and password provided by your Implementation Consultant or our Support Team.
Finally please review the Sage 50 Canada - Successful Sync's & Scheduler Guide for more information on how manage syncing with Beanworks / Sage APA.