Please ensure you've completed the Sage 50 US - Pre-installation Connection Checklist before continuing any further with this guide.
SyncTool Installation Steps
The Beanworks System administrator will need to go to the URL for SageAPA.com and log in with their email address and password. If it is your first time logging in, press “forgot your password” to get a password reset email so you can set your password and get logged in.
Once you are logged in, click on the cog on the upper right corner and then select “Settings” from the drop down menu.
Once the Settings Page opens, you will be on the “General” Settings by default. Click on ERP Management from the menu on the left side. If you are a multi-entity customer (with multiple Sage 50 databases) your next step will be to select which Company you are connecting.
If single entity, or once you have an entity selected, press the green “GET SYNCTOOL” button
You may receive a pop up from Chrome asking if you want to allow the downloading of multiple files, press “Allow”.
The download will start in a separate tab and two files will be downloaded. One is called “Sage APASyncTool.msi” or "SageSyncTool.msi" which is the installer and the other is “Settings.xml” or "Settings.json" which is the auto updater, which will automatically update the SyncTool whenever a new version is released.
Open/run the file named “Sage APASyncTool.msi” or "SageSyncTool.msi" by clicking on the downloaded file to begin the Installation of the SyncTool. You do not need to do anything with the auto-updater file called “Settings.xml” or "Settings.json" provided you have downloaded the files to the computer you will be accessing the SyncTool from.
You may receive a pop up asking for authorization, and potentially your computer may require you to authorize this application to be installed
The SyncTool may take some time to finish downloading onto your computer (up to 5 minutes) depending on how fast your connection is to our server.
Note: if both files do not download ensure you are logged into a browser that supports multiple file downloads at once such Chrome or Firefox.
When the SyncTool has installed, you will find it in either your start menu (recently added programs) or by searching your programs to find the SyncTool.
Once you have found the Sage AP Automation SyncTool on your computer, click to open the SyncTool.
TIP: Make the tool a shortcut on your desktop for ease of access.
Steps to connect each Sage 50 database with SageAP Automation:
Once you have the SyncTool installed on your computer, you’ll need to connect the SyncTool to your Sage 50 company/companies.
1. Each of your Sage companies will be saved separately in the SyncTool. Enter the name of the profile you would like to create first in the indicated area. The name should be the same as the name of the company in Sage.
2. Next, from the drop-down menu under integration, select Sage 50 US. If you do not see Sage 50 US as an option that means you are not installing the SyncTool in the same location as the Sage 50 application.
3. With Sage 50 US selected, select the Sage 50 company you’re setting up from the company dropdown. Stay on the Integration tab for awhile, don’t press “Save” or click around on the tabs as that might initiate the search to start again. The search process can take some time, so leave it for a couple of minutes and check the dropdown which should be populated by that time.
4. You need to enter in the Sage 50 US Username and Password that the SyncTool will use to log into Sage 50 US to transfer information. Preferably the Sage 50 US User Account we advised you to specifically set up for the tool with "Full Access" at a minimum.
5. The last synced section should be left blank.
6. Next, you need to select the SFTP tab on the SyncTool. The SFTP username and password you need to enter will be provided by the Sage APA implementation team. Each Sage 50 US company will have a unique username and password. If you’ve been sent multiple usernames and passwords, it is important that you use the correct username and password for the company you set up on the integration tab in the previous steps.
Please note: This username and password is not what you would use to log into Sage 50 US or Sage AP Automation, this username and password is only for the SFTP tab of the SyncTool.
The Host, Port and SSH Key will be pre-populated. Do not change these settings.
7. Scheduler: Due to an issue with the sync tool automatically logging into Sage 50 US we advised NOT to use the built in scheduler. If the sync tool tries to import data into Sage 50 while it's closed or not logged in the sync will fail.
Please ensure the following settings are removed from the "Schedule" tab of the SyncTool:
8. Once all the information is entered, please ensure that Sage 50 US is not running on your computer.
9. Press “Save” to save the profile and then, Press “Sync”.
10. The Log tab of the SyncTool will provide an unexpected exception error message that says “Access to ‘Sage 50 Company Name is pending!”. This is correct behaviour for the initial sync.
11. Open the company and log in as the same Administrator. You will receive a pop up in Sage 50 US as follows:
12. Select “Always allow access” and “OK” once this is completed you may need to sync in the tool again. It is okay to leave Sage 50 US open during the next sync.
You might also get the following pop up in Sage during your first sync, please ensure you check Remember this setting and press Yes.
Tip: Clear the Log tab by pressing the “clear” button in the lower right corner so you are only looking at log for the most recent sync you are doing.
13. Finally, we should see that your Sage 50 US profile is Syncing with Sage APA. This is what a successful sync log from the SyncTool looks like:
Connecting to Multiple Sage 50 US Database(s)/Companies
When connecting multiple companies/databases to Beanworks/Sage APA, a new profile for each Sage 50 US database must be created and you will need to follow steps 1 to 12 listed above for each company.
Every database will have their own SFTP username and password provided by our Sage APA implementation team.
Finally please review the Sage 50 US - Successful Sync's & Scheduler Guide for more information on how manage syncing with Beanworks / Sage APA.