How does Sage APA Integrates with Sage 50 US?
Sage APA integrates seamlessly with Sage 50 US using our Sage APA Sync Tool.
Pre-Installation Instructions / Checklist
- You have the username and password to log into Beanworks / Sage APA and you are a System Administrator for your company within the system.
- You can log into your Sage 50 databases/companies as the Administrator.
- You have the SFTP username and password provided to you from the Sage APA team.
- You are accessing Beanworks / Sage APA with either Firefox or Chrome when completing the installation steps.
- You have the correct User Permissions to install the sync tool on your desktop or remote desktop environment. If not, please ensure someone with those permissions helps you complete the installation.
- In Sage 50 US go to "Options" -> "Global.." and Select the "Sage Partners" tab. Ensure the security level is set to Low.
- All other users are logged out of Sage 50 US during the installation and set up and you are able to log into Sage 50 US as the administrator.
- Optional: Create a User within Sage 50 US which will be specifically used by the sync tool. At a minimum the user will need "Full Access" permission to the company file.
If you want to restrict the tool from posting transactions into a closed period, please see the following guide.
Tool Installation Location
- The Sync Tool must be installed where you access Sage 50. For example, if you open Sage 50 from your desktop, the tool will need to be installed directly on your computer. If you access Sage 50 from a remote desktop, then the tool will need to be to be installed on the remote computer.
- If you are not installing the sync tool in the same place as the Sage application, then you won’t see Sage 50 US as a dropdown within the sync tool and you will not be able to make the connection.
Once you've reviewed and completed the pre-installation steps please continue to the Sage 50 US - Sync Tool Installation and Connection Guide.