Pre-Installation Instructions / Checklist
Make sure you have the username and password for Beanworks and that you are a Beanworks System Administrator for your company.
Make sure you can log into your QuickBooks Online account. If you have more than one QuickBooks company, ensure that we can access all of the QuickBooks companies that you want to connect as the QuickBooks administrator.
Make sure that you can complete all the below steps in a single session/sitting. Otherwise, the connection may time out before you can complete the connection.
Make sure that you have the following setting turned ON in your QuickBooks Online to prevent invoices with the same invoice number and vendor from importing (Settings → Account and Settings → Advanced →Other Preferences → “Warn if duplicate bill number is used”)
Beanworks Connection to QuickBooks Online
Go to the URL for Beanworks (https://www.beanworks.ca/), and log in with your email address and your password. If it is your first time logging in, press “forgot your password” to get a password reset email so you can set your password and get logged in.
2. Once you are logged in, click on the “Settings” button in the top right corner of every Beanworks screen.
3. Once the Settings Page opens, you will be on the “General” Settings by default. Click on ERP management from the menu on the left side.
4. If you are a Multi-Entity Customer (with multiple QuickBooks companies) your next step will be to select which Company you are connecting. If you are a Single Company Customer, you will go directly to step 5.
5. Ensure you are logged out of QuickBooks Online if you have multiple companies/legal entities we are connecting. Under ERP properties, click the “Connect to QuickBooks” Button.
6. A pop up opens after you press connect. If you are not logged in to QuickBooks Online already, it will prompt you for your QuickBooks username and password. Enter it and then press “Sign In”. If you are already signed in, the next screen will automatically be loaded for you and you should proceed to step 7.
7. The next screen is the authorization screen where you are allowing Beanworks to connect with your QuickBooks Company. If you have multiple companies, you will need to select the company you wish to connect first.
8. Please note that we only connect to the parts of your QuickBooks that we need to make the integration happen successfully. We do NOT connect to sensitive data such as employee information, banking info, etc. Press “Authorize” to connect Beanworks to QuickBooks for the company you have selected.
9. Once you press “Authorize” then the pop up will automatically refresh and let you know that there was a successful connection. This is all you need to do. After a few minutes the initial data transfer between Beanworks and your QuickBooks will be completed.
10. If you have multiple companies/QuickBooks Online entities, repeat the above steps for each entity.
What Data is Transferred?
Once QuickBooks and your database(s) are connected, the data transfer happens easily through the sync tool.
For each QuickBooks company, the integration brings from QuickBooks into Beanworks: vendors, accounts, customer, custom QuickBooks list (i.e. department, location), item, billable
The integration also transfers approved and exported invoices from Beanworks to QuickBooks Online.
When does Beanworks and QuickBooks Online Transfer Information?
There are two ways to transfer lists from QuickBooks Online to Beanworks. Please note that as soon as you export invoices from Beanworks, they will appear within a few minutes in your QuickBooks.
Every 2 hours, Beanworks automatically connects to your QuickBooks and receives any new list information. Such as new vendors, deactivated accounts, etc.
If a list item is added or modified, and you want to update Beanworks immediately with that information, a system administrator can go into Beanworks Settings → ERP Management → and press the sync button. Within 5 minutes, Beanworks will be updated.